Campus Principals Recognized During Principals’ Month
By Will Johnson
CROCKETT – The Crockett Independent School District said goodbye to a longtime board member on Monday, Oct. 29 as CISD Board Vice-President Trey Young’s resignation was accepted by his fellow trustees.
Once the meeting had been called to order, the first item under consideration concerned the acceptance of Young’s resignation. Young had served on the CISD Board of trustees since 2007 and helped shepherd the district through some rough times at the start of the decade.
Young was presented with a plaque for his years of service which stated in part, “Your guidance and direction as a board member have strengthened the bond between the community and school.”
After hugs were exchanged and goodbyes had been said, CISD Superintendent Terry Myers commented on Young’s departure.
“It’s not often a superintendent gets to call board members colleagues, but also friends. This man right here is not only a colleague, but also a personal friend. Trey, thank you. Thank you for all that you have done for us,” Myers said.
Young’s resignation came about because of the completion of his new residence outside of the District Six boundaries.
As the meeting continued, Myers recognized the various campus principals as part of Principals’ Month.
“I am very, very pleased with the job these people are doing with the children in our school district. I want to compliment each of you. It’s not an easy job. Not only do you catch it from your superintendent, you catch it from kids, parents and wherever. Community members and I appreciate the jobs you are doing on these campuses,” the superintendent said.
Myers added in the five years he had been in Crockett, less than five complaints had been escalated to his office due to the CISD principals’ hard work and dedication.
The Crockett Early Childhood Campus Director is Dylis Bobbitt. The Crockett Elementary School Principal is Robin Stowe. The Crockett Junior High School Principal is Johnny Gomez and the Crockett High School Principal is Deborah Revels.
In other matters brought before the board:
- Consent agenda items were approved.
- Jason Barron, Regional Director of Operations for ABM – the district’s building maintenance and services company – gave a presentation to the board concerning the positive relationship between the two entities.
- Sealed bids on five tax trust properties were considered and approved by the board.
- The 2018-2019 Crockett Elementary School Targeted Improvement Plan, along with the 2018-2019 District and Campus Improvement Plans were approved.
- The CISD Board of Trustees approved an interlocal agreement between the Harris County Department of Education and CISD.
- The CISD Board of Trustees approved a Master Intergovernmental Cooperative Purchasing Agreement with the U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance.
Will Johnson may be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.