I am wondering if you can figure out a puzzling list for me. A little fun for you today… I have some hints. See if you can figure out which Christmas songs they refer to. I’ll give you the answers at the end but don’t peek…
1. Move here, ye people who are loyal in their beliefs.
2. Listen, the celestial messengers produce harmonious sounds.
3. Nocturnal timespan of unbroken quietness.
4. An emotion of the expectation of good a terrestrial sphere.
5. Decorate the interior passageways.
6. Twelve o’clock on a beautiful night witnessed its arrival.
7. The Christmas before all others.
8. Small municipality in Judea southwest of Jerusalem.
9. Small masculine master of skin-covered percussionist cylinders.
10. Omnipotent Supreme Being who gives respite to distinguished males.
11. Obese personification made of compressed mounds of crystals.
12. Expectation of the arrival of masculine gift-giver.
13. A hallucinatory occurrence at night about a scene devoid of color.
14. Inverted metallic resonating cups.
15. In a distant place, a piece of innovative newborn furniture.
16. Happy greetings for the second person singular or plural by us.
Have you figured them out yet? OK…. I’ll give you the answers…
1. O Come all ye Faithful
2. Hark the Herald Angels Sing.
3. Silent Night, Holy Night
4. Joy to the World
5. Deck the Halls
6. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
7. The First Noel
8. O, Little Town of Bethlehem
9. The Little Drummer Boy
10. God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen
11. Frosty the Snowman
12. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
13. I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas
14. Jingle Bells
15. Away in a Manger
16. We Wish you a Merry Christmas
I hope you had some fun with these. I know I did. I love things that make you think a little.
God bless you and Merry Christmas.